Thursday 16 March 2017

Strawberry preparations

This is my strawberry cage, now complete, so I can - and have - put slug pellets around the plants. I shall also plant out my 'new' plants that I grew from runners in the autumn, so, weather permitting, I should get a good crop this year.

Lettuce, carrots and beetroot are now germinating in my hotbed, and the broad bean seedlings are doing well, so I will plant those out in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, there is always the purple sprouting broccoli, and a few miserable leeks, plus of course the produce that I froze last year.

I attended our garden club this week, where the speaker was very generous - as he always is - with seedlings etc, so I shall also be planting out some cabbages and some more onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment