Friday 31 March 2017

Spring, maybe

These are the first of my broad beans. I planted the seeds  in the greenhouse some time ago, but the weather has been so good recently that they have been outside hardening off, and were planted out today. I have put some blood, fish and bone fertiliser round them, also of course some slug pellets, and they are now covered with the fine mesh that is hanging over the fence. I have another 20 coming up, which will be planted out in a week or so.
I have also planted some pea seeds, and it is almost time to plant out my potatoes, which have been chitting in a cool but sunny spot indoors.
Still harvesting purple sprouting broccoli! An excellent crop, no bugs etc, very tender and tasty.
Almost time too to plant carrot, beetroot, lettuce seeds. Too much to do at this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment