Friday 8 July 2016

Not more strawberries!

This is one day's worth of strawberries. They have, as I previously said, been very good this year, although with the amount of rain there has been, many have gone mouldy. However, the flavour is excellent, and I have made jam and compote as well as giving many away and eating lots raw.
I now have four large metal hoop frames, with which I will make  a cover for the strawberries next year. This will be covered with bird netting, so they will be protected but easy to pick.
I recently picked my first (yellow) courgette and have dug a couple of roots of spuds, all of which were very good - no slug damage at all, so I shall be planting that variety (Sarpo Mira) next year. Extremely tasty as well.
Peas have been a little disappointing this year - not so many as last year, but no damage at all - so I have sown some more in pots, hopefully for a late crop, also some more beetroot seeds. We will see - it depends on the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment