Wednesday 22 May 2013

Ne'er cast a clout....

 It looks like a fine ev ening (and so it was) but the weather man says it will be a cold night, then a cold, wet, windy few days. So I've put a fairly fine mesh cover over the cabbages/lettuces/sprouts. This should protect against the wind and maybe even a little frost. And of course the cabbage white butterflies! (There were lots last year, but it's a little bit early for them this year, so hopefully I've got in first.)


I can't cover up my beans, with their poles, so they will have to take their chances. The French beans are under the green cloche, which will help. The broad beans have been in for a while now, so should be OK.



This weekend, I shall be helping at our composting site. I have mentioned this before - they have an area just inside our main gate where they receive green waste from members of the public (Horticultural Society members only, of course!) and put it in bins with manure and grass to make compost, which is then used on various gardens and plots, for a donation of £1.20 per bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment