Thursday 7 June 2018

Ready for summer

Everything (nearly, more later) is growing well. The fine weather that was forecast actually happened, so I have nearly everything in the ground. The only things to go in now  are the leeks (still a bit small) and the sweetcorn.

I've started picking strawberries - just a few so far, and they are a week later than last year - and the first broad beans should be ready next week.

The one thing that is slow is the peas. I had zero germination early in the year, so bought a new pack of seed and tried again. A few have germinated, but seem to be really struggling. Disappointing, as they were excellent last year.

Of course, it wouldn't be England if I didn't complain about the weather. Yes, it's been warm, but rain has been lacking over the last few weeks, so I've had to water, especially the seeds and seedlings, quite regularly. Other than that, it's been weeding, of which there is always some to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment